Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wednesday, April 21, 2001, was our second track meet! St. Charles did greet! There were deffinately some records broken and personal records made. Our first track meet against Brown County was very successful. Congratulations to the girls for their win against Brown Country, and great efforts given out by the boys!

In the first meet I ran the 1600 meter (1 mile) race and the 800 meter (1/2 mile) race. I place second in both events! I came in with a 6:41 on the 1600. I am not for sure what my time was for the eight hundred, but I do remember it was 3 mins and some seconds. So far 6:41 was my PR (personal record) on the 1600!

When I run on my own I usually run four or more miles. Running 1 mile is new to me. I have not fully figured out how to run the race as far as my pace. I would like to get my time down to a 6 min/mile by the CYO meet.

In the second meet I ran the 1600 in 6:20, a new PR! I also ran the 4 by 800 meter relay. This is a relay of four teammates who each run an 800 meter leg. My team was a great group of friends who also love to run! We came close to beating the school record, but we were about 20 seconds off. Some off us weren't feeling our best. This was a great race. We placed first!


GO HAWKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment